What is Family Immigration?

Family Immigration is a process whereby a non-U.S. Citizen is allowed to either move to the United States or remain in the United States permanently by virtue of having been petitioned for by a qualifying family member.

Becoming a Lawful Permanent Resident allows you to live and work in the United States without restriction.  By becoming a Lawful Permanent Resident, you become eligible to petition for your spouse and unmarried children.

More importantly, Lawful Permanent Resident status opens the door to the pathway whereby you may become a Citizen of the United States.

Schedule an Appointment

How do I immigrate my spouse?

There are two pathways to immigrate your spouse.
One is called Adjustment of Status.
The other is called Consular Processing.

Each process has their own qualifications, filing fees, attorney fees and waiting time.

Maybe not as long as you may think...

A couple of questions you may have:

  • What is the difference between Adjustment of Status and Consular Processing?
    (See our post on Adjustment of Status vs Consular Processing.)
  • Which one takes the least time/money or both?
  • How do I know which one I qualify for?

Schedule an Appointment

How do I immigrate my child?

The first question I will ask is:

What is your legal status?

Then I ask a series of questions to determine if you qualify to immigrate your child and if your child qualifies to immigrate to the U.S.

Schedule an Appointment

How do I immigrate my mom or dad?

For starters, I will need to know 3 things:

  1. Your legal status.
  2. Your age.
  3. Where your parents are right now.

Then I can tell you the correct course of action to immigrate your mom or dad…or not.

We always work from the place of having your loved ones best interests in mind.  Serving well and working toward your loved ones best interests is our top priority.

Schedule an Appointment

How do I immigrate my grandchild?

The simplest way I can explain immigrating a grandchild (without knowing your exact situation):

Your grandchild can immigrate with their parents as long as the grandchild is under the age of 21 at the time that their parents immigrate.

This is only possible when the grandparent is a U.S. citizen.

Schedule an Appointment