The main ways to immigrate based on a job offer or employment are listed below:

Green Card Through a Job OfferYou may be eligible to become a permanent resident based on an offer of permanent employment in the United States. Most categories require an employer to get a labor certification and then file a Form I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker, for you.

Green Card Through Special Categories of JobsThere are a number of specialized jobs that may allow you to get a green card based on a past or current job, such as:

  • Afghan/Iraqi Translator
  • Broadcaster
  • International Organization Employee
  • Iraqi Who Assisted the U.S. Government
  • NATO-6 Nonimmigrant
  • Panama Canal Employee
  • Physician National Interest Waiver
  • Religious Worker

All of these require a Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant.


For more  information on coming to the United States for employment and other immigration issues message or contact us.

Full Details:

Company:             Jason Finch & Associates, PC, LLO

Address:                260 Regency Pkwy Drive, Suite 220, Omaha, Nebraska 68114

Phone:                   1-877-992-7567

Website:                http://jasonfinchlaw.srg/

Email:                    jmfinch@jasonfinchlaw.srg